Signs of a Clogged Bathtub Drain
The bathtub can be a sanctuary for many. You can relax, have a nice cup of tea or glass of wine, read your favorite book, and let the day’s stresses fade away as you enjoy the night in your favorite bathtub. However, a clogged bathtub can put an end to this serene relaxation moment just as quickly. A clogged bathtub drain can instantly ruin your mood and make it impossible for you to enjoy a necessity for your enjoyment and relaxation. What are the signs of a clogged bathtub, and when do you need to get a plumber involved? We’ve answered these questions below, so you can deal with the problem quickly and get back to enjoying nights in the tub!
Tell-tale Signs of Clogging
- Slow draining water: If your bath water is taking forever to drain, this is the most common sign of a clogged bathtub drain.
- Gurgling drains: If your bath time playlist is being drowned out by the sounds of gurgling coming from your drains, then this is a big sign there is something clogging your drains and blocking water from draining.
- Bad odors: If your favorite lavender bath salts are no match for the foul odors coming from your drains, then this is a sign your bathtub drains are clogged up.
- Backflow: It can be alarming to see the water you thought was drained out come rushing back onto your bathtub. This is the biggest indicator for a clogged drain, and you’ll want to act fast to get everything situated as soon as possible.
- Multiple clogs: If your toilet and sinks are showing some of the same signs mentioned above then you are for sure dealing with a severe clogged drain problem. It’ll be easy to spot when it’s just your bathtub drain compared to all your other sinks and toilets!
Most Common Culprits for Clogged Bathtub Drains
You may wonder, why is my bathtub clogged? There are really only a few common culprits that may leave your bathtub clogged, and they are:
- Soap scum (the white stains on your shower walls have a name!)
- Hard water
And sometimes, it can be a combination of these four guilty parties that can create a massive clog in your bathtub drain.
A clogged bathtub drain can have messy consequences. The signs of a clogged drain in your bathtub are pretty telling, and it’s important to note whether you are just dealing with a clogged bathtub drain or an entire blockage in your drain system. At one point, you can try to DIY it when dealing with a clogged bathtub drain, but the blockage may be too large to deal with, or may extend through your entire household. Whatever the case may be, don’t try and figure the solution out on your own. Instead, get a professional involved. For a plumber in Rancho Cucamonga, consult with The Original Plumbing Company! We’ll handle the rest, so you can get back to your calming bathtub routine in no time!