How Long Will My Appliance Last?
When it comes to our appliances, we want to make sure they are in good working order. The fact is, a lot of appliances have an average lifespan before needing to be replaced with a new one. This lifespan can be good to know when it comes to figuring out whether your appliance just needs a good repair or to ultimately be replaced for good. From kitchen appliances, bathroom appliances, and everything in between, here’s a general overview on the lifespan of some of your favorite appliances.
- Dishwasher-10 years- Your dishwasher can be a lifesaver and prevent you from having to do the tedious chore of handwashing. When a dishwasher begins to stop working properly, this can be a cause for worry, but it’s important to take into consideration how many years you have had it for. Most dishwashers, on average, have a lifespan of about 10 years.
- Dryer- 8-12 years- Without dryers it’s safe to say we’d be dealing with a lot of damp clothes and more time spent hanging up items to dry. The good thing is that a dryer can last for many years, so you won’t be suddenly left without one. The common dryer can last anywhere from 8 to up to 12 years, depending a lot on how much it’s used.
- Refrigerator- Up to 13 years- Refrigerators are actually pretty durable, with a general lifespan that can reach up to 13 years, perhaps even longer depending on model and other factors. A refrigerator has a longer lifespan than many other common household appliances. For the job it has in storing food to maintain freshness, a longer lifespan is just what you need.
- Washing machine- About 11 years- A washing machine can have a lifespan that reaches up to 11 years. There’s a lot of factors that come into play when determining the lifespan of your washing machine, however, such as model and usage. One thing is for certain: many of us can’t go without our washing machines, and we won’t have to!
- Refrigerator/chest freezer- 16 years- You rely on freezers to keep food stored for longer periods of time. You’ll be happy to know that on average, a refrigerator or chest freezer can last for up to 16 years.
- Oven-16 years- Much like a freezer, the typical oven should last about 16 years. This is perfect, considering how much ovens are essential to a typical kitchen for food preparation.
Our appliances are absolutely necessary for our day-to-day routines. If you have had an appliance for a short period of time and are noticing the appliance has developed functional problems, most likely you may need a repair service. Turn to Kwik Appliance Repair for appliance repair in Eastvale. With an efficient repair job, you can quickly get your appliance back to being good as new without any more problems or issues that prevent you from enjoying your appliance to its full potential. You’ll be confident you and your appliance still have many years left together!